Sunday, October 22, 2006

Black Carnations

A carcass slung by the roadside.
The moon beaming junk into
Minds, scrambled by loneliness.
Break the cycle.

A black carnation will blossom
Where hunger expires; mark the
Grave of lust with poisoned fruit.
Wake the passion.

When apathy casts my heart
In grey light I pray that
Fire can reignite my will to fight.

My bed a vault of neurosis;
A desert of faith, tripping out,
Disjointed, night upon night.
Kick the habit.

While perverts better-adjusted
Pose with their wives for the
Kodak covenant to life in chains.
Drink to comfort.

When chaos aborts my focus
On progress I hope this
Will can overcome that which is numb.

My catatonic compulsions
Reject every spark so I'm left to
Reason myself out of life.
Final reductions.

Perhaps I'm merely post-human;
A kink in the soul makes me think
That I've evolved too far.
Of course, I'm kidding.

When bleakness engulfs me, out
Comes the gallows wit.
When Puck cannot be fucked I'll give it up.

I'm not opting out.
Too much to say.
There's too much to shout
To end the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home