Sunday, April 01, 2007

Oblique Young Captor King


I bathed tonight
By candlelight,
In loamy foam
And dreamed of home

One day I'll get there,
And whose face will it wear?

A laissez-fair jet fringe?
A body white and lean?
A leather jacket of maroon?
And eyes bewitching as the moon?

I took to casting runes of shell,
And blasted dark habits to hell,
So I could tell

If this is true love.

I break the chains,
And what remains
Is unassuming,
All consuming

Faith and hope in
Love that shows up in

A pair of tight black jeans?
Slender neck, and thighs?
A mouth inviting as a highwaymen's hostel,
Where subterranean secrets leek?

And will I know when you show
Out in a baffling glow (I'll go)
To appaling extremes,
To meet the scent of my dreams.

Down every rabbit hole
I'll taste the deep red soil,
To ascertain the flavour.
Of the one who will gather me
In a butterfly net,
I'll sail the ocean red,
Under a sky of lead,
I'll coast on pampus grass wings,
Above all earthly things.

Say my name.
Once again.
Kiss my cheek
My oblique young
Captor King.
I'm within
Your strong arms.
You won't harm me.

Warm my heart
With your art.
Soothe my knee
So tenderly,
And sing to me

Of manning wagons

And taming beasts
More raw than I
Of chasing comet
Tales up high

As I sing the storm in,
Your tales are warming to me.

We'll build a great big boat,
And vow to stay afloat
For our remaining years,
And all the world shall hear you

Say my name
Once again.
Kiss my cheek
My oblique
young captor king...sing

"I love you,
You flighty thing.
Heaven is what you can bring
When you say
That you love me
That you love me."

I bathed tonight
By candlelight.
Dreamt my way home
Through loamy foam
Into a place where...
Into a place...
I think I'll stay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home