Thursday, November 30, 2006

Atlantic Dash

If it weren't for land
I would hold your hand
Through the chasmic gloom
Of the padded room
Where your head abides;
Where the ruin glides
Through the slalom hell
Of your darkest spell.
I could save up cash,
Make the ocean dash
And elope with you;
'Cause the sea's not blue,
But my wealth is nil
So we'll wait until
By some miracle light
I get rich one night
By some lucky strike
And I'll make the hike,
Cross the trifling sea
Where we'll wake up free
Wrapped in loving arms
And I'm charging charms
So this might just be.
I'd rise up and flee
And our flesh would touch
And our lips would meet
And our hands would wind
And we'd be one mind
And oru sweat would blend
Where the boundaries end
And our eyes would lock
As our hearts unblock
Like a dam burnt out
By a geiser's clout
And the froth would spill
Over trembling hills
And our bodies seethe
And as one we breathe
In ecstatic synch
And I truly think
We could manifest
This ideal, find rest,
Find light, find peace.
We don't have to cease
To exist you know?
Please resist the flow
Of black pocket thoughts.
You must not get caught
In a web that bleak.
That's your damaged streak.
But with tenderness
We can end all this
And we'd enter bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home