Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ballad of The Dark Triptych of The Soul

“…You fathered so many abortions;
My pillow stained solid by the
Dying echoes of solitude.
I can never take anything again with you.
Too much cancer of the heart between us.
The sheets stained with the blood
Of a haemorrhaging friendship.
I skate around the morsels of your time for me.
But now it’s time to chalk the outline
Of us on the pavement;
To border us in police tape and
Pronounce us dead…”


I thought (I hoped) you’d stay in me forever.
Sick how the body’s so wrong.
I wanted to give it forever.
I ached for the taking so long.
The dustpan may clear up ephemera.
The stains in the rug may well fade.
I’ll smile when we pass on the pavement
But love has become masquerade.

Friends are not here for convenience;
A toy to break in when you’re bored.
You got what you wanted she’s with you,
And I’m in the corner, ignored.
I’ve spent such hurting wrists on the memory;
Sigil and prayer and plain hope.
You risked everything when you took me.
I’m not just a throwaway grope.

I’m back to a self-imposed exile.
Enjoy your princess while you can.
And next time you’re drugged and want sex
I’ll show you the rug and dustpan.
I’m pleased you’re both so reunited.
I’d hate for your heartbreak to last.
Shame that you recklessly blighted
Whatever we had so damn fast.

Shame you gratuitously infected.
A friendship so deep and so pure.
And now that I’m wholly neglected
There’s little chance we can endure.
You expect me to applaud your reunion
Despite all the things that you said.
But it wasn’t a toy but a human;
The cavity you took to your bed.

You used me to work yourself out on.
A sounding bored for your desire,
But what you omitted to count on;
You ignited me now I’m on fire.
I’m going to leave you alone now.
Consider the favour returned.
But when things turn sour who’ll you phone?
How quick paper commitments can burn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home