Friday, May 12, 2006

To Sidestep the Operation For a Moment


Crazy Warped Dream Logic

I dreamt you neglected me for that perfunctory fuck of a flake.
I dreamt you borrowed me functionally to map the astrology of your cock.
I dreamt you adopted a weather vane called me to determine the orientation of your tilt.
I dreamt you bust my ceramic heart with vacuous promise and rotted hope.
I dreamt I climbed through a window into a zone of perspective that felt nothing.
I dreamt I didn’t care.
I dreamt I horded my heart in a corset for the rest of years.
I dreamt I carved off my face to ensure my repulsion to further heart rapists in waiting.
I dreamt I amputated my cock and smoked it with sexual dysfunction and cancer battling for mental primacy.
(sips glass of conference water)

I dreamt open and close were flipsides of the same verb.
I dreamt I cleaved your empathy-retardant skull with AIDS blades.
I dreamt I wasn’t the vengeful rape victim cliché.
I dreamt I wasn’t so desperate that I succumbed to your arbitrary request.
I dreamt I couldn’t talk to you ever again without my heart clocking the absence of its likeness in your own chest cavity.
I dreamt I wasn’t capable of bitterness and that I was a bland sponge to your pathetic misery.

Imagine my relief when I woke to recognise it as a dream. Such stifling incredulity. Honestly.
(Shrugs and vacates the lectern)

Nick Hudson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home